RoboBlast is a top-down shooting game where you control a combat robot who must fend off against hordes of enemy robots whilst collecting the golden cogs they drop to buy upgrades for your robot.
This game can be found at:
RoboBlast consists of six levels, each one containing 20 waves of enemies. All six stages take place within a confined arena inside some sort of factory. When a wave starts, enemies will spawn into the arena and attack accordingly. You don't need to destroy all the enemies in one wave in order for the next one to begin; new waves will begin over time regardless of whether or not any enemies from the previous wave are still alive. The only exception to this is the final 20th wave, which has you fight a boss.
Defeated enemies give you XP and drop cogs. The cogs can be collected and used to buy upgrades for the robot, which are available to buy when you've gained enough XP to level up and access the upgrade menu.
You're able to attack enemies with various weapons, of which there are six types (though only two of them are available to use at first, the others needing to be bought from the upgrade menu). You can equip the robot with two weapons at any given time (including two of the same weapon), one for each of the robot's arms, making for a total of 21 possible combinations. Additionally, if you're in a pinch, you can use a special attack known as a Bomb Attack; this attack destroys any enemy and projectile caught within the blast radius, but it can only be used a certain amount of times per stage, though your Bomb Attacks are completely replenished if they lose a life.
If you run out of health and dies, you lose a life and must restart the most recent wave you were on. If you run out of lives, the level is lost.
RoboBlast offers two different control setups for players, depending on what type of computer they use.
Keyboard & Mouse
- WASD: Move the robot
- Mouse: Aim your weapons
- Hold Left Mouse Button: Switch the robot's arms between being at its sides and being in front of the robot
- Space Bar: Bomb Attack
- E: Bring up the weapon menu
- F: Send in the next wave early
- Keyboard: Move the robot
- Weapons fire automatically and the robot is always rotating
- X: Stop the robot rotating and focus your fire in one direction
- Z: Switch the robot's arms between being at its sides and being in front of the robot
- C: Bomb Attack
- Space Bar: Send in the next wave early
- A: Bring up the weapon menu
- Gatling Gun: Fires a stream of bullets at a very fast rate and knocks enemies back. It is available for use from the start of the game.
- Spread Cannon: Slower fire rate, but shoots a volley of bullets that cover a wider range. Also knocks enemies back. It is available for use from the start of the game.
- Flamethrower: Spews a consistent stream of fire that easily destroys most enemies in seconds.
- Laser: Fires laser bullets that pierce through enemies and bounce off walls. Also knocks enemies back.
- Plasma Shield: Blocks bullets, and damages enemies that touch it.
- Ion Grenades: Launches ion grenades that explode after a few seconds, leaving deadly ionic charges in their wake.
- Gatling Gun: Upgrading this weapon increases its fire rate and attack power.
- Spread Cannon: Upgrading this weapon increases its fire rate, attack power, and the amount of bullets shot at a time.
- Plasma Shield: Unlocks the Plasma Shield. Upgrading this weapon allows it to deflect bullets back at enemies and increases its attack power.
- Extra Bomb: Increases the player's maximum Bomb Attack capacity.
- Cog Magnet: Allows the robot to attract cogs that are close to it.
These upgrades can only be bought once you have reached experience level 5.
- Flamethrower: Unlocks the Flamethrower. Upgrading this weapon greatly increases its attack power.
- Laser: Unlocks the Lasers. Upgrading this weapon increases its fire rate, attack power, and the amount of lasers shot at a time.
- Health Upgrade: Increases the player's maximum health capacity.
These upgrades can only be bought once you have reached experience level 10.
- Ion Grenades: Unlocks the Ion Grenades. Upgrading this weapon increases its attack power.
- Extra Life: Increases the player 's maximum life capacity.
- Cog Multiplier: Makes all cogs worth twice as much as they were originally.
- Drone: A weak enemy that does nothing more than roam around aimlessly. First appears on Level 1.
- Shuribot: A robot modeled after a shuriken and armed with spinning blades around its body. Chases you. First appears on Level 1.
- Hunter: Slowly chases you and shoots bullets. First appears on Level 1.
- Shieldbot: Is equipped with two rotating shields that protect its core. Try to aim for the gaps between the shields. First appears on Level 1.
- Snakebot: Slithers around the arena and is indestructible everywhere except for its head. First appears on Level 1.
- Charger: Charges towards you at a very high velocity. Due to its speed, it's possible to get rid of a Charger by hanging very close to a wall so it charges there and falls off the arena. First appears on Level 1.
- Lightbringer: Every five seconds, emits a blinding light that turns the whole screen white for a few moments. First appears on Level 1.
- Magnetbot: Is surrounded by a magnetic field and tries to pull you in with it. First appears on Level 1.
- Minebot: Roams around the arena; explodes and releases eight bullets when destroyed. First appears on Level 1.
- Cog Impersonator: Disguises itself as a cog at first, but turns into a Shuribot when you get close enough. First appears on Level 1.
- Medibot: Roams around the arena and is able to heal itself and any enemies near it. First appears on Level 1.
- Assault Tank: A heavily armored vehicular robot that circles around the perimeter of the arena and constantly fires bullets at you. First appears on Level 1.
- Fire Shuribot: Is able to shoot fireballs as it chases you. First appears on Level 1.
- Turret: An immobile version of the Assault Tank that doesn't shoot as often, but can shoot two bullets at a time. First appears on Level 2.
- Shieldbot Deflector: Is equipped with high-tech shields that deflect your bullets back at you. First appears on Level 2.
- EMP Igniter: Every five seconds, releases a shockwave that disables your weapons for five seconds if you get caught in the shockwave.
- Indestructibot: Is completely indestructible. Slowly chases after you, and can only be defeated by pushing it off the arena. First appears on Level 2.
- Nuke Tank: Roams around the arena, leaving a trail of acid in its wake. Explodes when destroyed. First appears on Level 2.
- Grenade Tank: Roams around the arena and launches grenades at you. First appears on Level 2.
- Burner: Is equipped with a flamethrower; chases after you and shoots flames. First appears on Level 3.
- Inferno: Improved variant of the Hunter. Slowly chases you and shoots volleys of fireballs. First appears on Level 3.
- 8-Way Turret: Less durable than a normal turret, but is able to shoot in eight directions. First appears on Level 4.
- EMPredator: Another Hunter variant. Slowly chases you and shoots electric sparks that disable your weapons for five seconds if you get hit. First appears on Level 4.
- Spiderbot: Shoots several bullets at you, then rushes over to try to ram into you; it repeats this pattern until destroyed. Spawns two Mini Spiderbots when destroyed. First appears on Level 5.
- Mini Spiderbot: Two of these spawn when a Spiderbot is destroyed. They chase you. First appears on Level 5.
- The Death Ring: A gigantic ring-shaped robot that appears as the boss of every stage. After the 19th wave is cleared, the Death Ring will spawn around the arena's edges. It constantly fires bullets and occasionally opens two of its eight eyes in order to fire a giant laser beam. The eyes are the Death Ring's weak points, so try to focus your fire on them while they're open! If you die while fighting the Death Ring, the wave will not reset, so you won't have to worry about the Death Ring's health regenerating if you die.