This is the Only Level is the first game in the This is the Only Level series. It’s a puzzle game where every level is the exact same, except each variant has a different gimmick that the player must figure out in order to progress to the next level-- I mean, the same level. You play as the blue elephant famously created by Jmtb02.
The level has a simple layout: the elephant spawns on the left side; the exit pipe is on the right, blocked off by a door; in the middle of the stage is a red button that (usually) opens the door when jumped on; between all those is a series of platforms, some of which have spikes.
There are 30 stages, plus an hidden infinite but unwinnable one.
The game can be found here:
THIS SECTION CONTAINS SPOILERS! READ AT YOUR OWN RISK!
- Arrow Keys Required: A perfectly normal level - just use the arrow keys to get to the exit.
- Not Always Straightforward: The controls are reversed (left is right, right is left).
- Think Before Doing: The door is open; don't jump on the button or else the door will close.
- Alternate Control Scheme: The elephant can only be moved by dragging him with the mouse.
- Freefloating: The gravity is greatly reduced.
- A Bit Bouncy: The elephant is constantly jumping.
- Dull Appearances: The elephant can't jump, but touching spikes makes him bounce really high!
- Candy Stripes of Doom: Parts of the terrain are striped; touching the darker stripes kills you.
- Arrow Control: The elephant follows your cursor. Click to make him jump.
- Heavy Headwind Here: Wind physics constantly push you to the left.
- No Returns, No Refunds: The elephant can't go left.
- Stay Low: The elephant can't jump, but the door is open.
- Left Right March: The elephant automatically moves to the exit, but you constantly have to tap the left and right keys to make him move.
- One Leap of Faith: The elephant can only jump once.
- Time to Refresh: The door won't open until you refresh the page.
- Keep Hitting It: You have to hit the button 5 times.
- Worried About Nothing: A normal stage, just like Stage 1.
- Collapse: Every tile the elephant touches falls off the screen.
- Stuttering: The elephant moves much more slowly in the air.
- Do You Remember?: The entire screen is white (except the exit pipe); it's up to you to remember where everything is.
- In-Between Gravitii: Parts of the terrain are striped; the lighter ones have normal gravity and the darker ones have reverse gravity.
- Mime's Folly: An invisible barrier blocks off part of the path to the exit pipe.
- Center Keyboarder: Use FGHT to move the elephant.
- UPPERCASE: The door will only open if Caps Lock is on.
- When It Feels Like It: The door opens and closes on its own. It does this once every ten seconds.
- Or Is It?: The door is an illusion. You can walk right through it.
- Credits Page: The door won't open until you look at the credits page.
- Oh-ho, So Close!: The screen is zoomed in on the elephant.
- Closing Shop: When you hit the button, the door only stays open for 2 seconds.
- No Sweat: The level goes dark once you hit the button.